Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Wednesday: 26 April 2017, Part Two


Welcome Preppers and Survivalists,


Snacks
I eat three meals a day, breakfast at 6 am, lunch at noon, and dinner at 6 pm.

For breakfast, I have a small bowl of oatmeal, two hard boiled eggs, and some fruit usually a banana or two. For lunch, I have beans and rice with some meat. For dinner, it's a sandwich and fruit.

Of course, I am restricting my calories, so to stave off gorging myself, I have a snack at 9 am and 3 pm, usually an apple. Plus, I drink plenty of water.

Before you compliment me, I cheat, ... every once in awhile ; - )

With a late night snack.

Link:
Bloomberg - The Greatest Late Night Snacks From Around the World
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-18/the-best-late-night-snacks-from-around-the-world-top-chefs


To Clarify
The above article is a 'fun' article. It gives you some ideas on how other cultures deal with the age old problem, feeding their face after dinner

With that said, ...

I want you to think about how you and your family eat your food and the foods that your family eats to stave off hunger.

Do your children eat beans and rice or is it always Mac and Cheese. Does your family eat at 5 o'clock and in bed by 8, or is it something else?

So, ... Put on your thinking cap and think about the rituals you and your family have around food that might need to be changed to survive the tough times ahead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds a bit heavy on the carbs...

I'd restrict those instead of trying to restrict calories. I think Atkins was on to something.

Getting Started said...


Anonymous,

I agree, but ...

Protein is expensive and during an event, a high calorie count might be a good thing to keep going.

Someone You Know

P.S.
I apologize for taking so long to comment.