Saturday, September 15, 2012

Update Y'all


Dear Preppers and Survivalists,

Work
As some of you know, I started a new job; it's a dosey.

One of our tasks is to cut the grass, about 20 acres. We have two of everything, two tractors with pull-behind finish mowers/brush hogs, two push mowers, and two string trimmers (weed eaters).

Guess what?

Yeah, you guessed it, most of the equipment is old and is/was poorly maintained.

So, I have been push mowing about five acres, just to get started knocking down the grass.

And, this brings up my first point.

Physical Fitness
Folks, preppers need to be fit.

In the last five days, I have pushed a mower for 4 hours each day, two of those days, I walked behind a mower for six hours. Needless to say, I took it easy on Friday because we start trimming on Monday.

And, this brings up my next point

Use Machines
Right now, preppers have access to electricity, so we need to be using power tools to build those labor intensive projects. Just think what it would have been like for me and my family to build the chicken coop without a truck, power tools, and manufactured products such as screws, diminsional lumber, and metal roofing.

And this brings up my next point

Long-Term Projects
I'm not talking about the projects that you are planning to do in the long-term. I'm talking about starting those projects that will take a long time before thay start paying off, like planting fruit trees or improving the soil on your property.

Because,

You just might have a couple more years before the collapse happens.

No comments: