Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Occupy Wall Street's Statement of Principles


Welcome Preppers and Survivalists,

One of the great things about the occupy movement is its willingness to include other groups and their ideas. In that spirit, I would like to suggest this be included in y'all's statement of principles.

From Ought Six, a forum member of This Blue Marble, writing about Veteran's Day.


I have the right to live,
thus I have the right to defend my life from attackers who would take it from me.

I have the right to my private property,
thus I have the right to defend my property from thieves who would take it from me.

I have the right to self-determination,
thus I have the right to defend my liberty from tyrants who would take it from me.

The only usable tools for these tasks are guns,
and thus I have the right to shoot anyone who would take my guns from me.